“The finest canoe club in the whole dam universe”
Dabulamanzi Canoe club was founded by a group of paddlers who decided to set up the second canoe club in Johannesburg (after JCC), which would be more conveniently situated in the north of Joburg, in 1979.
The founder members, realising that Emmarentia Dam was to be the premier Gauteng canoeing venue of the future, had the vision to establish a club, which today consistently has a membership of some 1000+ members, comprising world champions in various categories, SA National Team members, SA champions, a strong provincial representation and recreational (fish n’chips) paddlers.
Please join us at the boat auction this Sunday, the 15th of September
- Bidder registration (non-refundable) R20, between 9h00 and 10h00 on the day, in the boat pound.
- Auction fee (non-refundable) per private sale boat, the greater of R100 or 10% of sale price. R100 seller’s registration per boat to be paid up front at office between 08h00 and 9h30.
- Boats are bought “voetstoets”. All winning bids must be paid for immediately after auction and boats must be removed from site same day too or placed in paid for rack.
- Boats can be viewed from 9h00 on the day in the boat pound.
- Opportunity! Rent a rack at R600.
Please note that it is a facility that is aimed at improving the Dabs offering to the members, so it is for members and guests only. It’s not a restaurant open to the public at large so you should always be able to enjoy the facilities and find some space.