Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous New Year and all the best for 2018.
May your paddling adventures be numerous, thrilling, rewarding, and enjoyable.
Firstly, on behalf of Dabulamanzi I would like to extend my most sincere condolences to the family and friends, as well as SCARC, on the tragic loss of Tshidiso Bobo (a.k.a. Chilli).
Secondly, I would like to mention that Jason Brown has left Dabulamanzi in order that he may pursue other interests.
I would like to thank Jason for his contribution to the Club and wish him the very best in his future endeavors.
As far as possible please direct any queries you may have to the person responsible (or a member of the committee) or to Orcillia in the Dabulamanzi office (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will redirect them appropriate person.
I would also like to remind you of the following events taking place over the next few weeks:
- 20/21 January – DRAK Challenge;
- 21 January – JCC Mini Marathon Series (K1);
- 27/28 January – JCC 2 Day Klip;
- 3 February – Elands 3338 Memorial Race;
- 4 February – DABS Dambusters;
- 6 February – VLC Night Race;
- 15-17 February – FNB Dusi Canoe Marathon;
COACHING AT DABS:
For those who are not yet aware, we are extremely fortunate to have the services of Attila Adrovicz, an Olympic medalist and internationally accredited coach, as our Head Coach at Dabulamanzi, who is ably supported by Phineas Zulu.
Attila has arranged numerous training squads in order to accommodate all levels of paddlers. Please enquire with Attila should you wish to join any of these squads or refer to the website for more information: www.dabulamanzi.co.za/training-schedule
Beginners classes are also available on Saturday afternoons for those new to the sport and/or the club. Please enquire at the DABS office with Orcillia regarding these sessions.
Private coaching is also available to all those serious about improving their technique and overall paddling. Please speak to Attila in this regard.
(Contact details are available on the Dabulamanzi website: dabulamanzi.co.za)
A HANDFUL OF RESOLUTIONS FOR PADDLERS IN 2018:
- Explore a new river.
- Introduce a friend to the sport. Experience the joy of watching someone discover the magic of paddling by taking a friend for a few laps around Emmarentia Dam ordown a river this year.Liebenbergsvlei will be the ultimate introduction to river paddling!!!
- Take a first aid or Swiftwater Rescue course. Renew your certifications or earn new ones while learning skills that could potentially save lives.
- Give back. Make a donation, or volunteer. Find organizations trying to protect our rivers or helping introduce people to canoeing. Volunteer your professional services or help out at an event.
- Get professional instruction or coaching. Every paddler can benefit from professional coaching or instruction, whether it be to improve on your TT time, up the ante between your mates, or become more competitive in races, who wouldn’t enjoy going a little faster.
On behalf of Dabulamanzi Canoe Club