Canoe Polo is a dynamic and exciting team sport in which competitors use kayaks, paddles and their own hands to score goals. The game is fast paced, exciting, and fun to play! You will develop great boat skills whilst having a full workout - all the while enjoying yourself! It is also a good way to learn to paddle and become stable in a canoe.
We play both social and competitive games in front of the clubhouse. We welcome people who have never kayaked before, as well as pros who would like to get back into it.
Dabulamanzi has kit and boats available for the use of all members. Beginners can have a trial run where you may use our kit twice before deciding to join the club.
Our training schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday evening: Intermediate + Advanced practice session – This session will be coached by Kevin / Warrick. The aim of this session will be for skills development.
- Wednesday evening: Social session – the aim of this session will be FUN (mass participation).
- Thursday evening: Game night – Seniors will facilitate this session. The aim here is high level competition (also to mentor the Refs) and to push 4 x 4 league
- Friday afternoon: Beginners practice (school kids) – the aim here is FUN (mass participation) after the schools have finished K1 training.
- Sunday morning: Intermediates + Advanced.
Contact Kevin on 082 7397029 for more details.
See News and Events for training clinics and upcoming events.