For many years Dabulamanzi Canoe Club has kept a fleet of club boats, paddles and kayak jackets for use by paddlers in the club. The boats are mostly used by our new beginner paddlers. They are, however, also available for members to bring friends and family for the occasional paddle. As the boats are used by a variety of paddlers with different abilities, there tends to be quite a bit of admin maintaining these boats. We have also put up a rack to hold paddles and seats.
Please could the following be adhered to:
1) Look after the equipment as if it belonged to you.
2) Return the equipment to same place that you found it.
3) PLEASE!!! Do not try and adjust pedal and t-bar steering systems.
4) Do not remove flotation.
5) Do not remove wing nuts and seat cross bars.
6) Do not remove the equipment from the dam.
7) The equipment is NOT for use on rivers.
8) Report any damage or need for repair to the club
9) Should you remove seat from a boat please replace it when you are finished paddling.
10) Do not allow new paddlers under the age of 16 unsupervised on the water or without a kayak jacket.
11) As a courtesy to your fellow club mates, empty the boats when you are done.
We look forward to your cooperation in this regard.