A sprint clinic was held over two sessions on Saturday 2nd December 2017 at Dabulamanzi.
The sprint clinic initiative was sponsored in part by Canoe South Africa. In total 53 paddlers attended the clinic, weather fortunately was very kind to us.
Huge thanks to our junior coach Phineas, Holly, Goodman and Daniel who helped with the little ones getting equipment ready, coaching and nurturing our junior paddlers.
Big thanks to Samantha for the two great biokinetics sessions. Our junior paddlers really learned a lot and we are very grateful for your time.
Thank you to:
- CSA for their support of junior paddling;
- Dabulamanzi for letting us host a great junior clinic;
- Dabs members who encouraged the little ones on the water;
- Attila for his assistance with the K1 paddlers and for taking photos;
- Patrick, Orcillia, Lynette, Lucian for all your help before and during the clinic and
- all the families & coaches for their support in bringing their paddlers to the dam for the clinic.
The annual Dabs-SCARC time trial took place on the 30th of November. The aim of these time trials is to foster Dabs-SCARC relationships, and to mix up regular K2 pairings. The competition was fierce with some very strong combinations taking part. Congratulations to our prize winners:
- First Male K2: Zanenhlanhla Mbala and Marco Magni
- Second Male K2: Luphumlo Tole and Wayne Jacobs
- First Female K2: Asanda Ndluvo and Holly Spencer
- First Mixed K2: Simnikiwe Ntondini and Dani Afonso
- First K3: Andile Nyanga, Kate Stubbs and Roger Stubbs
Thank you to all who took part, we look forward to this event next year.
Beginner's/novice Time Trials
Every Monday at 17h45 there is an informal Beginner's Time Trial.
The distance is 3 or 5 laps to accommodate beginners of all levels. If you've only recently started paddling and aren't yet ready to brave a Thursday Time Trial, or have newbie friends, please encourage them to attend - this is a great way to meet other club members and to get involved in the paddling community. The bar is usually open afterwards too.